Let me introduce myself and share a little about my background! My name is Elisa and I am a proud wife and a mama of two incredible kiddos. I have been married to my husband, Michael, for 12 years. He has loved and supported me through all of my endeavors and is always right beside me whenever I need him….I couldn’t ask for a more wonderful, loving, partner and best friend; and I wouldn’t want to go through life with anyone else. My two kids, Jake (12) and Ava (10), they are my biggest cheerleaders as well as my cutest (and most honest) critics. As they get older, their personalities are developing, they are sweet yet hilarious, they tend to keep me on my toes, but they are amazing kids, they are my world, and life would be so dull without their energy and spirit!
Growing up I had a love for art, fashion, baking, sewing, and crafting. Being creative was in my blood. Born into a family with two very talented and crafty aunts and a mom who was a home economics teacher, I was bound to have the creative bug. My mom taught me how to bake and sew when I was 11. My aunt, an amazing tailor, taught me how to create clothing….and boy did she make me some amazing outfits during my adolescence! My interest in fashion all started as a child when introduced to the world of classic films. I watched a movie with Audrey Hepburn and everything changed. She became my inspiration and her refined elegance and style captivated me, thus she was the reason fashion and design became my passion. When I entered college, I went into the arts. I received my first degree in Fashion Merchandising and studied fashion photography. However, once I enrolled in my first art history class, I was done; I was enthralled and I ended up getting my degree in Art History. I now work in an art museum as the Lead Registrar. I manage the art collection and I am responsible for the works’ safety and preservation.
So how did I end up interested in health and wellness? In my twenties, I found that I actually enjoyed exercising and nourishing myself with healthy foods. I found that that the science surrounding nutrition was fascinating. Therefore, I went back to school and began the dietetics program in an effort to become a registered dietitian. After some time in the program I learned that as much as I loved learning about this subject and field, I wanted to start a family with my husband and I just couldn’t do both.
Years past and there I was. A supportive wife, a mom caring for two kids, working a full-time job, managing a home, creating a small cottage bakery business….life got BUSY! I am sure many of you can relate, when life gets this busy, especially as a mom, everything and everyone else comes first, and I put myself last. All the things that had fueled and energized me somehow were put on the back burner. Being a mom was my priority, but somewhere along the way, I forgot that I was more than just a mom….I was a woman. I had lost myself in the crazy world of motherhood. Finally, something came over me, and I decided I wanted to have that part of me back again. I wanted to prioritize health and wellness, practice self-care and self-love, bring back that confidence that slowly slipped away over the years. I knew that it was not only important for me, but it was important for my family.
Here I am now…flourishing as a woman, focusing on creating a life of health, happiness, and love with and for my family! Those closest to me know how important health & wellness is to me and I try to promote being active and encourage healthy eating habits for me and my family…but don’t get me wrong, we like to indulge every now and then too (I don’t restrict myself from foods, that is a big no-no for me)! It hasn’t been easy, there are days where I don’t feel like doing anything at all….and sometimes I listen to my body and I rest, but most of the time, I remember my “why”. The reasons why I MUST and the reasons why I get up and take care of business. So if you are just starting your journey or you are well into your journey, don’t forget your “why”. It will drive you and help you keep going!
So tell me a little about yourself and tell me what is your “why”?!
I thought it would be great to share a little more about myself, some random things about myself! So here is a list of 10 fun facts that make me, ME!
1. I always look forward to party planning…just give me a fun theme and I will go all out!
2. I have two fur babies named Rory and Bubba. They are both named after professional golfers (my husband likes to golf, what can I say?!)
3. I am a musical junkie and I love the theater! I have seen so many Broadway tour shows, but I can see them repeatedly….I would love to see one on Broadway one of these days (bucket list item, for sure)!
4. A staple in my diet is cottage cheese…I eat it with vegetables, on top of avocado toast, on a baked sweet potato, weird I know, but it is delicious!
5. Halloween is my favorite holiday! I love the feeling of the fall, but I especially enjoy all the decorations, movies, activities, and music, but most of all I love all the fun treats! Themed costumes are always fun and I am going to keep trying to get my kids to participate in family costumes for as long as I can!
6. I am an early bird. I struggle to stay up past 8pm….but I am up before 5am! However, I cannot function until after my morning cup of coffee!
7. I love food…Thai food is my ultimate favorite, followed by sushi and of course, always Mexican food! I had a Mexican Fiesta for my 40th birthday last year….I had so many yummy treats to eat!
8. I live in yoga pants and t-shirts/sweatshirts usually… but I also love to get all dressed up and go out on the town with hubby!
9. My therapy is going in to my home gym, putting on music, and just running, lifting, and strength training….turns out that I actually enjoy doing various types of push-ups and squats! Though many times a good yoga session is needed for the mind, body, and soul!
10. I took a girls trip to Napa to celebrate my milestone birthday last year….love me some wine and some fun with my girls!
Now I want to know about you…tell me about yourself in the comments below!